AUDETTE VENGETAS-GOVENDER is a newbie, local food blogger who has been featured on many platforms and is focusing here on a simple, family-friendly and budget-easy lockdown recipe. She lives in Umhlanga Ridge, Durban.
- 1 box camembert cheese
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 springs thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180֯C.
- Remove the camembert cheese from its box, take off the paper and put it back into the box.
- Make a few holes in the top of the cheese and tuck in the thyme and garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with bread sticks.
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour (convert your all-purpose flour into self-raising flour by adding 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt to 1 cup of plain flour)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix together flour with yogurt until it forms a dough.
- Cut into portions and knead with flour.
- Prepare a tray with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven at 180֯C.
- Roll each piece of dough into long, breadstick shapes.
- Bake for 12 minutes until they appear to be golden brown.
- In a saucepan, heat butter with crushed garlic and parsley.
- Once bread sticks have baked and slightly cooked. Brush with garlic butter.
- Lastly, sprinkle with salt.